DIP 1029---Add throw as Function Attribute---Community Review Round 1

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 15:25:26 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 15 January 2020 at 07:33:14 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> As I remarked before, this will have the unintended consequence
> of causing the "best practice" to be listing all the attributes
> at the opening brace

I don't agree this is substantially different than the status
quo, the unit of D's encapsulation is the module and it is
expected things "spill over" inside a module boundary (see:
private's semantics).

But we can have this discussion later if it is too far from this
thread's purpose.

> and then have to remember to add to that list for every new
> attribute. It's ugly, and people are going to hate it.

People just won't do that. If you're happy with defaults, you'd
simply not change the default at the top of the module!