Change D's brand color to blue.

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Mon Jan 20 11:09:59 UTC 2020

On Monday, 20 January 2020 at 10:06:13 UTC, Jan Hönig wrote:
> I think the color red is fine. It sands out and feels nice and
> warm.
>
> If you want do marketing and be creative then invent a proper
> mascot.
> Something which can be made out of plush so you can hand them
> out at conferences.
> I got a chameleon from SUSE. I don't even like SUSE. But it is
> a nice plush toy and it is a good remainder that it exists.
>
> SUSE chameleon:
> https://suseus.quickorder.uk.com/products/name/small-suse-chameleon/product_id/5500266000108?size=&start=
>
> Common Lisp mascot:
> http://missingfaktor.blogspot.com/2012/07/tour-through-land-of-lisp.html
> http://www.lisperati.com/lisplogo_warning2_256.png

No mascot, no Mascot, NO MASCOT. Let's not go in those immature
territories. If you want to products for companies, then I
suggest that you buy something useful and put the D logo on it
and perhaps a link to the site. It can for example be an airplane
pillow or a cup. Then people will use that product and be
reminded of D instead of some plush toy that will end up in a
drawer.

If you don't like the D-man, it can removed quickly as it is used
very seldom. It is just once on this site what I've seen. It is
pretty harmless.

Just for comparison, one of the most successful multi billion
profit companies has four squares as logo chucked together for
its main product. You can really keep things simple.