Modern convenience. Modeling power. Native efficiency.

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Jan 21 03:39:58 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 02:24:44AM +0000, user1234 via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> "Modern convenience. Modeling power. Native efficiency" can be read as
> conservatism. It was the old slogan. The strong basement.

Actually, I read that as "the yawn-worthy slogan".

> "Write fast, Read fast, Run fast". can be read as orthodoxy. It's
> bullshit made for branding but as it's official you think it's right.

And this is the cringe-worthy slogan.

Given the choice between yawn-worthy and cringe-worthy, "Once the
bikeshed is up for painting, even the rainbow won't suffice" sounds like
the obvious answer.

In theory, software is implemented according to the design that has been
carefully worked out beforehand. In practice, design documents are
written after the fact to describe the sorry mess that has gone on
before.