Pay as you go is really going to make a difference

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 16:07:24 UTC 2020

On 1/24/20 5:20 PM, Gregor Mückl wrote:

> So there's a couple of calls that should be fairly fast (clock_getres
> etc.). Why does the runtime need to read /proc/self/maps, though?

This is great stuff, thanks!

Note that /proc/self/maps appears nowhere in phobos or druntime. So I'm
assuming that's some other function that's doing it (maybe in libc?)

The clock_getres calls are so you can use core.time.MonoTime. rt_init
initializes those so they can be used early in the process. I would
assume those are really fast, as they are constants in the kernel.

-Steve