Bullet Physics in D

Gregor Mückl gregormueckl at gmx.de
Fri Jan 31 10:02:24 UTC 2020

On Friday, 31 January 2020 at 09:00:45 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
> On Friday, 31 January 2020 at 00:37:27 UTC, Gregor Mückl wrote:
>>
>> This piqued my interest, too, but I don't see any
>> documentation. The only C wrapper that I found is part of the
>> shared memory client/server example. Pybullet piggybacks on
>> that (an example program including code from a separate
>> example). At first glance, all of this looks pretty weird and
>> I can't make out how stable, complete or efficient it actually
>> is.
>
> https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/blob/master/examples/pybullet/pybullet.c
>
> This sounds like a c binding

This is what I was referring to. The actual C wrapper layer is in
the SharedMemory example code:

https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/blob/master/examples/SharedMemory/PhysicsClientC_API.h

The file you linked is the python binding around that.

Bullet currently consists of two nearly entirely independent
implementations in src/. This C wrapper seems to wrap only the
newer bullet3 implementation, which looks noticeably less
complete to me.