Weird ouput when using dub / dmd with vscode terminal

jxel jxel at gmall.com
Fri Jan 31 15:22:41 UTC 2020

On Friday, 31 January 2020 at 10:47:22 UTC, Aldo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a strange bug on my laptop at work when working with
> VSCode and the integrated terminal. At home it is working
> perfectly.
>
> When I type dub in the terminal (powershell, bash or cmd) the
> process hangs before the end and display weird output. Today I
> typed 'dmd -v' and this one crash as well (sometimes displaying
> a big error messagebox and sometimes "ERROR: This is a compiler
> bug.".
>
> You can find album of the bug here: https://imgur.com/a/eYYIsRE
>
> No problem with LDC2, no problems with dmd/dub at home.

The problem is that the official DMD executable for Windows is
built with an old and outdated linker known as optlink. Just
build DMD yourself using ldc2 or just use ldc2 instead.

This issue already been reported and a pull request that fixed
the issue was made, but no action has been taken on D's
management end.