Why Phobos is cool

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 09:13:38 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 1 July 2020 at 04:13:15 UTC, Clarice wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 July 2020 at 03:25:45 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran
> wrote:

>but
> containers, generic algorithms, ..., data formats,
> are all very welcome; Phobos satisfies a good chunk of this
> list.

That's one thing I've always admired Java for. At least for
containers.

  D has solid generic algorithms thanks to Andrei among others.

Containers and common data formats (json, XML, CSV,..) I'm not
sure we're there yet.

However, there's solid implementations on dub (vibe.data.json,
std_data_json, dxml,...) so I personally don't have trouble
getting things done.

But those are core things that rarely change so fit into a
standard library for easy get-go.