Programming language for GIMP fork's rewrite

Johan j at j.nl
Sat Jul 4 13:05:42 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 2 July 2020 at 02:31:29 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 September 2019 at 18:57:07 UTC, Kamran wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>> People who forked GIMP, a popular open source image editor are
>> discussing on which language to choose for their rewrite at
>> [1] and they are considering D. Maybe some of you can help
>> them out.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/glimpse-editor/Glimpse/issues/70
>
> They have decided to go forward with a rewrite in D:
> https://github.com/glimpse-editor/Glimpse/issues/70#issuecomment-652644336

Wow this is very exciting :)

If you are looking for an open source project to contribute to, I
can highly recommend graphics programs. My past experience with
Inkscape dev was always very rewarding (it's pretty cool to
literally _see_ the result of your work and the amazing things
people can craft using it).

cheers,
   Johan