Question regarding D v.0110

Remi remigillig at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 08:18:00 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 11 July 2020 at 23:00:29 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 July 2020 at 22:44:08 UTC, Remi wrote:
>> Finally got everything to compile but having linking issues.
>> The game came with .lib files but I have no idea what format
>> they are, I assumed a Windows MSVC format but the VC tools
>> don't seem to be able to read them.
>
> That would be the OMF format that D on Windows supports. It is
> old, think Windows 95, but dmd and the optlink program that
> comes with it on 32 bit windows still has the support code in
> there.
>
> idk if dub allows it, but if you just compile+link with dmd
> itself using `-m32` it should use it.

I got it work thanks! The problem was the way the extern(Windows)
was selected as it was inside a version(Win32) which didn't seem
to work. I just forced it to always use extern(Windows) for now
until I need to make it work across platforms.

Good news! Finally got a .exe and it seems to start running, but
it has now detected a cyclic dependency between
constructors/destructors. Time to dive more into the code itself!