Please report dmd crash-bugs/segfaults.

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Jul 17 02:13:16 UTC 2020

On 7/15/2020 11:36 AM, Stefan Koch wrote:
> [...]

I applaud your efforts to find and fix these problems. The whole point of
bugzilla is to collect and organize information about bugs, causes, and fixes. I
myself used to keep a "bug list" email folder, and I can vouch that it is
inefficient and ineffective.

For example, it prevents other people from offering help and ideas on the
problems (many, many solutions were found this way). It prevents people from
noticing related problems in bugzilla, and the combination can give clues to the
solution.

And on and on.

As for accessing the list conveniently, my "home page" is a page I wrote myself,
and is filled with links to sites I access frequently. Just add:

     <a
href="https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=ice&list_id=232308">ICE bugs</a>

and you're good to go.

(Although I ragged a bit on email folder bug lists, justifiably, what that
replaced was far worse. A pile of paper notes and floppy disks that people would
physically mail to me. Awful!)