Help to fix D-related issues in Meson build system

GoaLitiuM goalitium at dforums.mail.kapsi.fi
Sun Jul 19 16:01:35 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 18 July 2020 at 15:34:14 UTC, Denis Feklushkin wrote:
> I wanted to appeal to those who were lucky enough to know both
> Python and D: please try to fix D-related functionality of
> Meson.

I did briefly try to fix D support in Meson for a while, but in
the end, the lack of tracking module dependencies caused too much
issues during development, so I just gave up and fell back to
using DUB. Doing full rebuilds also was not an option for me
because it would take too much time to compile compared to build
times with DUB.

I might reconsider contributing for better D support once
Makefile support (https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/11357 or
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6961) gets accepted.