New DIP Rules

Tobias Pankrath tobias at pankrath.net
Wed Jul 22 10:16:53 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 22 July 2020 at 09:56:54 UTC, claptrap wrote:

> This is utterly pointless, it's still the maintainers DIP in
> all but name, the self interest in seeing it pass is still
> there 100%.

I disagree. Take for example the DIP about string formatting.
Walter dropped his idea b.c. of the community feedback. With this
new method one of the various counter proposals would have been
up for the formal assessment and he could still drop it (same
outcome) or adopt it (different outcome). But he could not have
pushed it through.

I think this is a step in the right direction.