New DIP Rules

claptrap clap at trap.com
Wed Jul 22 11:52:23 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 22 July 2020 at 10:24:34 UTC, Dominikus Dittes
Scherkl wrote:
> On Wednesday, 22 July 2020 at 09:56:54 UTC, claptrap wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 22 July 2020 at 08:20:37 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>>>
>>> Henceforth, when a language maintainer wants to write a DIP,
>>> he will instead recruit someone to write it for him. [...]
>>
>> This is utterly pointless, it's still the maintainers DIP in
>> all but name, the self interest in seeing it pass is still
>> there 100%.
>
> No it isn't. Because a third person may change the DIP
> according to feedback and then the maintainers can decide it
> they like the DIP the new way or not. I think this is a huge
> improvement.

If Walter can convince Atila that safewashing is good then he can
convince whoever writes the DIPs for him. Unless you imagine that
Walter will completely step back once a DIP is initiated? No
criticism of Walter but I dont see him doing that, most people
wouldnt.