New DIP Rules

Dominikus Dittes Scherkl dominikus at scherkl.de
Thu Jul 23 07:43:57 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 22 July 2020 at 16:07:44 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> My major concern is that the DIP process will stop working if
> Walter keeps using it. A DIP needs to be detailed, questions
> need to be answered, and an honest attempt needs to be made to
> deal with feedback.

But exactly this point is adressed by the new proposal:
Walter won't write DIPs in the future, but some third person
instead.
This person will write the DIP detailed, answers questions and
work in the given feedback. Walter and Attila then decides if the
result should go in or not.
I like this approach.