A very small update on typefunctions

Per Nordlöw per.nordlow at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:41:01 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 28 July 2020 at 23:12:28 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> I've done some work on my typefunctions.

Nice. Does the evaluation of type functions reuse CTFE or is the
logic completely separate?

Has there been any community feedback on the syntax for type
functions?

Will type functions enable anything more than CTFE already does?

Is there / Will you support (static) foreach over type tuples to
reduce recursive template instantiations in std.traits?

What features are missing to fully replace existing logic in
std.traits with type functions? One way forward to make this
thing more motivating is to incrementally convert std.traits to
type functions and monitor the benefits in terms of compilation
speed and memory usage all over Phobos. Especially the overhead
of doing

     import std;

in an empty file.

Keep up your inspiring ideas and work!