dub can build library for dependencies

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Thu Jul 30 12:23:29 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 30 July 2020 at 12:04:18 UTC, zoujiaqing wrote:
> I want to rely on a library, but I don't want to compile it on
> my computer. I hope dub can help us with this function.
>
> Just as I rely on a docker mirror, this docker mirror is not
> built on my computer. This will increase my compilation time.
>
> Thanks.

Python solves this with the many-linux libraries. The dub package
author has to package the libraries and all the dependencies + d
header files. The libraries needs to be build to be runnable on
many linux systems (+ libraries for windows, + libraries for osx).
As far as I see, from dub side everything is there, just the dub
package author needs to provide a complete dub package.

Kind regards
Andre