Please be more careful when changing the language behavior

Mathias LANG geod24 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:13:20 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 2 June 2020 at 13:40:08 UTC, kinke wrote:

> Anyway, projects contributing themselves to regression testing
> via regularly triggered builds using the latest beta would be
> very much appreciated. But that doesn't work for DMD, where the
> final release usually happens 1-2 weeks after the 1st beta -
> that won't be enough for people to adapt their projects to
> language/library changes and investigate any apparent
> regressions.

Instead of betas, which I think are more useful for manual
testing before a release, I'd recommend to set up a dimension / a
cron with nightly builds.
Github CI and the install script support them (hence so does
travis-ci), by using `dmd-master` / `ldc-master` and
`ldc-latest-ci` / `dmd-nightly`, respectively.