Please be more careful when changing the language behavior

Mathias LANG geod24 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 05:22:39 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 2 June 2020 at 14:50:41 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 June 2020 at 14:13:20 UTC, Mathias LANG wrote:
>> Instead of betas, which I think are more useful for manual
>> testing before a release, I'd recommend to set up a dimension
>> / a cron with nightly builds.
>> Github CI and the install script support them (hence so does
>> travis-ci), by using `dmd-master` / `ldc-master` and
>> `ldc-latest-ci` / `dmd-nightly`, respectively.
>
> Master is waaay too unstable IMHO. I definitely wouldn't use it
> for projects of mine, regardless how small.

Any decent CI has the ability to mark some failures as non-fatal.
So if master is unstable, well, it won't affect your project, but
if you want to report it you can.

Also my mileage vary quite a bit. We've had LDC master enabled
(and not allowing failure) for months now and everything's fine.
Before we dropped DMD support, we also had DMD master, which
sometimes had minor issues, but never was a huge burden to
maintain either, since failures would be ignored.