Why do you continue to use D?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Jun 3 18:15:07 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-06-03 at 17:59 +0000, Jan Hönig via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]
> (C++) or to the JVM (Kotlin). Go doesn't have the expressiveness
> and I haven't really tried Rust, but I suspect the same.

As ever, what does "expressiveness" mean? For me D and Rust are in the same
bucket in terms of what I deem "expressiveness" means with Go much less.

[…]
> 5) I hope to get rid of Python -> C++ some day.

I think there are many who would say that D is the static language that Python
isn't. I suspect I am one of them.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200