dlang.org endpoint for permanent links to DIPs

David Gileadi gileadisNOSPM at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 18:51:28 UTC 2020

On 6/3/20 11:22 AM, Seb wrote:
> Well, the Markdown supported by Ddoc has been limited to "only the
> useful parts" by Walter. That's why the documentation calls it "Markdown
> inspired", e.g. https://dlang.org/changelog/2.087.0.html#ddoc_markdown
> I guess it might work with most DIPs, but if one doesn't even try to
> have feature parity with normal Markdown folks are going to be very
> confused (and I'm not even talking about GitHub-flavored Markdown).

To be specific, compared to regular Markdown GitHub-flavored Markdown
adds support for tables, task list items, strikethrough, bare URLs as
autolinks and disallows some raw HTML. Of the above, Ddoc "markdown"
supports tables and bare autolinks but not task list items or
strikethrough. Compared to regular Markdown, Ddoc doesn't support
underscores for emphasis (just asterisks), underline style headings, nor
indented code blocks (just fenced code blocks).