Why do you continue to use D?

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:05:49 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 4 June 2020 at 11:59:33 UTC, Manu wrote:
> It's bizarre and insane that gamedev is populated by zealots
> that would
> rather piss away insane amounts of money than to ask the
> question if
> there's any better way out there.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice shows how inefficient some game
studios are at making playable content. For 30€ there is a lot of
game in it. Compared that to other projects where 2 mil copies
sold at 60€ is below expectation and not financially sustainable.

> Why don't we fix them? Mostly political bullshit... mostly
> because I need
> to convince Walter & Andrei what's important without always
> being able to
> present concrete cases.

I have seen your proposals and they look like you want to fix
your problem quickly and with least amount of work. This is good
approach for game development but bad for language changes. If
you make a mistake in game no big deal. But if you make a mistake
in language design you might have to pay for that mistake for
over a decade. Should I say string auto decoding...