newCTFE is getting ported to 2.092

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jun 5 21:09:37 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 08:24:10PM +0000, Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> just a short message.
> Since the tools which I wrote for a better workflow developing on dmd.
> namely "asttypename.d"
> are working again I have decided to port newCTFE which was written
> against 2.074.1 to 2.092
> Which should be there after this weekend.
>
> nested switches and re-throwing on exceptions are broken.
>
> Associative Arrays are not implemented yet.
> reals are not supported (and are not really on the agenda due to
> portability issues)
>
> That's it.
> The rest should work.
[...]

How close are we to newCTFE being mergeable?  Been slobbering over it
since it was first announced way back when, can't wait for it to arrive
already!

They say that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." Well I think the gun helps. If you just stood there and yelled BANG, I don't think you'd kill too many people. -- Eddie Izzard, Dressed to Kill