template statistics

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jun 5 21:38:51 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 09:18:20PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 5 June 2020 at 21:07:26 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > I guess YMMV and all that, but I find all the "unnecessary
> > complications" of writefln eminently useful when debugging,
>
> oh i agree, I like it when going through that process. writefln is p
> nice.
>
> just at the *end* of the process, when it comes down to reducing the
> bug to the smallest thing so we can inspect the disassembly and report
> it upstream, then I avoid it.

Well, if you're after the disassembly, assert(0) seems to be the ticket.
:-)

One reason that few people are aware there are programs running the internet is that they never crash in any significant way: the free software underlying the internet is reliable to the point of invisibility. -- Glyn Moody, from the article "Giving it all away"