Getting action on your favorite D issues

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 07:11:13 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 6 June 2020 at 02:41:51 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/5/2020 5:01 PM, mw wrote:
>> Actually I'm wondering if we can have a web poll widget
>> somewhere, so people can vote on the priority of bugs /
>> features / DIPs?
>>
>> Better be on the front page of https://forum.dlang.org ?
>
> You can already vote on Bugzilla issues.
>
> But what matters is finding someone with the time, interest,
> and expertise to address each problem.

So being here for a while, I've only had to figure out for myself
this, that the D contributors are not enough to handle the
incoming bug reports so only the most critical bug are first
considered making the others fall behind.

So I'll say there's a need for more pull requests.

But are pull requests getting through considering you have
absolute control over most decisions and... honestly not familiar
with most other user programming domains... like network,
utilities, helpers, and other issues you may not encounter
yourself writing compiler code...also stuff Andre had been join
more of previously~ ?

Whatever be the case, we're always short of hands. Unfortunately
some of us have zero usefulness beyound regular application
code... rarely encountering 99% of issues here.