newCTFE is getting ported to 2.092

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 6 10:21:22 UTC 2020

On Friday, 5 June 2020 at 22:31:23 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:

> Done. Those were 5 hours I'll never get back.
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/compare/master...UplinkCoder:newCTFE_2092?expand=1

Note that the branch newCTFE_2092 on
https://github.com/UplinkCoder/dmd
Still has bugs and therefore enables all debug output by default.

To get rid of it, go into src/dmd/ctfe/ctfe_bc.d and comment out
"debug = ctfe;"
Also go into src/dmd/ctfe/bc.d and comment out "debug = bc;"
If you still get unexpected output after that, it's likely that I
forgot to comment out one of my "DEBUGLINEs" before pushing.
Go into src/dmd/ctfe/ctfe_bc.d and search for parts of the
unexpected output which seems static.
You should see something like:

writeln("Unexpected ***** :", ....) // DEBUGLINE

Just comment that line.

I am aware of many bugs that are there.
But none of them _should_ cause newCTFE to miscompile code.

So please open an issue on my fork of dmd, If you see something
evaluating to the wrong result with newCTFE.

Such a behavior is absolutely unacceptable for a compiler and I
need to know as soon as possible!