I just want to code in peace

JN 666total at wp.pl
Sat Jun 6 12:07:41 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 6 June 2020 at 11:29:01 UTC, ADEV wrote:
> I want to code in peace
>
> I want my favorite IDE to provide great auto-completion, so i
> can avoid stupid typos, and be more productive

It's tricky in D. Because of it's heavy use of metaprogramming
and features like UFCS and alias this it's not always obvious
what the autocomplete should be autocompleting.

> I want my favorite IDE to have an integrated debugger, so i can
> fix bugs in peace

The C++ debuggers seem to work quite well with D, even if they
don't have support for D-specific stuff

> Why is the community so split and silent with that issue
>
> I don't understand how people can't understand how important
> this is
>
> Are we forced to create this similar post every fking year to
> bring awareness?

The awareness isn't needed. An effort is.

> We had DLS, the best tool and the best plugin's editor for D

I never had much luck with DLS unlike code-d. I guess it depends
on individual preferences.

> No fresh blood anymore, why nobody care, if all the spammers
> and bikesheeders from this forum donated $10 / month, we could
> hire a professional and dedicated developper to work and
> maintain decent plugins for the most popular IDEs

Money is always welcome, I suppose.

> All it takes to drive adoption up, is ONE, and ONE single
> dedicated person who is willing to make the D experience easier
> for the people

Sounds like you're dedicated. You can start the effort.

I don't mean to be snarky, but most people are aware of the
ecosystem issues. Demanding features doesn't work though, the
only way things will move forward if someone starts it themselves
and people get on board later on.