Getting action on your favorite D issues

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Jun 6 19:30:20 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 6 June 2020 at 15:16:06 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
> But Walter agrees with you: Using a void value shouldn't
> actually have undefined behavior; it should just be an
> arbitrary value. Which is why he has an open pull request to
> change the spec:
> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/2260

Reading that PR, one comment stood out:

> The fact that the compilers don't define the behavior doesn't
> make it undefined according to the language spec

Which makes me ask: what _does_ "undefined behaviour" mean
according to the D language spec?

I'm not sure that the spec actually gives a definition: it
certainly (in the Introduction) starts talking about things that
_result_ in undefined behaviour, without ever first saying what
undefined behaviour is.