Why do you continue to use D?

Greatsam4sure greatsam4sure at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 16:09:08 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 7 June 2020 at 14:18:50 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 6/6/20 9:37 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 6/6/2020 3:12 PM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> I thought the intialization problem was in constructors for
>>> shareable items, not for local variables? In any case, this
>>> is bending an implementation deficiency into a "feature" of
>>> dissuasion.
>>
>> I said it was ugly, not a feature.
>
> Good. Sometimes statements like "well you shouldn't be doing
> that anyway" can make things unclear what the expectation is.
>

>>> But certainly that is still considered a bug, and not an
>>> intended feature, right?
>>
>> I posted a PR to fix it. But it's still not a showstopper.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Steve

This thread has a specific purpose. The purpose is those people
using D in production or their project, why are they using it. So
that others can find confidence and use it too. It is not a
thread to argue about D problems. Let keep the focus of the
thread. This one of the most beautiful thread I have enjoyed
since my two years plus of being this forum. Move all other
discussions to another thread pls.....

This thread if properly utilize or manage will be a great
encouragement to a newbie in D tomorrow. I am really encouraged
by D.

So we are waiting for more testimonies from happy users