Why do you continue to use D?

Avrina avrina12309412342 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 18:12:57 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 6 June 2020 at 07:00:57 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/5/2020 10:16 PM, Manu wrote:
>> Initialisation and `ref` emit errors?
>> They're absolutely show stoppers. Values must be initialised,
>> and code has `ref` in it all the time.
>> You can't write code without those things.
>
> You can declare them with =void; and set them with the atomics.
> That's inconvenient, but NOT a showstopper.
>
> You can use pointers instead of ref, inconvenient, not a
> showstopper.

Do you really believe this, or are you just making up an excuse?

Putting @safe on declarations is inconvenient, but NOT a
showstopper.

How much multi-threading work do you do on a daily basis? I think
it would be best to leave what is and isn't a "showstopper" to
the experts that do the work on a daily basis.