Why do you continue to use D?

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 8 09:13:27 UTC 2020

On Monday, 8 June 2020 at 09:09:52 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Good. Sometimes statements like "well you shouldn't be doing
>> that anyway" can make things unclear what the expectation is.
>
> I still think that having lots of shared variables is not a
> good sign, like having lots of globals is not a good sign.

I think for Manu shared means: "We don't know who owns this. This
has to go through the scheduler".
I'd expect almost everything to have to go through the scheduler.

Because core counts are rising! I have 32 cores with 2
hyper-threads per core.
Giving me 64 logical cores.
There's no way I can just dedicate certain threads to certain
tasks.
It's unmanageable.