Status of std.container rewrite?

tastyminerals tastyminerals at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 22:10:47 UTC 2020

On Monday, 8 June 2020 at 11:35:16 UTC, exo1 wrote:
> Hello,
> I am the OP (I thought I saved my credentials to my password
> manager, but apparently not, so I do not have access to that
> account anymore).
>
> Anyways, after spending more time with D, unfortunately, I have
> decided to move on to other languages. Apart from this issue,
> even after being in development for so many years, the editor
> support is worse than in many newer (or more or less same age)
> languages like Nim, Haxe etc. It does not support UFCs and many
> other language features, go to def does not work properly with
> overloads even though the stdlib is heavily based on
> overloading etc. The user experience is very poor. :(

Hmm, I am also a D beginner but VS Code D plugins have been
pretty good for me. There is decent autocompletion and awesome
documentation lookup that just works without the need of
installing any external doc packages like for Scala in IntelliJ
IDEA. Yeah, UFC and overloads could be a nuisance but what
prevents you from "ctrl+shift+search" for definition?

All these things can hardly stop you from using the language. C++
doesn't have a proper IDE on Linux, does it stop ppl from
learning it? Python autocompletion is a mess in any IDE, even
PyCharm does not work well especially with various huge ML/DL
libraries. Does it make people stop?