Status of std.container rewrite?

tsbockman thomas.bockman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 22:46:27 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 9 June 2020 at 22:26:34 UTC, tastyminerals wrote:
> To a degree yes. But I would stress that the weakest D part is
> the lack of libraries. Concretely, the lack of a few top-notch
> libraries that many other languages have.

Lacking libraries for certain tasks only affects projects that
involve those tasks. However, lacking good IDE support affects
every project, unless you just don't care about the benefits of
an IDE versus a text editor + terminal work flow.

I think that most (though certainly not all) programmers strongly
prefer to use a good IDE, if it's available.