I just want to code in peace

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 01:35:01 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 10 June 2020 at 00:52:56 UTC, aberba wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 June 2020 at 23:40:58 UTC, Manu wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 9:30 PM ADEV via Digitalmars-d <
>> digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>

>> Your favourite IDE is VisualStudio (not-VSCode). Try it out,
>> it's free for
>> personal use since 5+ years ago.
>> Seriously, I think a lot of people in dlang have no idea how
>> excellent the
>> VS integration has become.
>
> Ever used used VS code for long?

I do. Even prefer it to VisualD despite all its niceties.

VisualD is now indeed powerful, it has rich syntax highlight and
all the stuff, is pretty stable, and one of its truly superior
features - it has debugger bridge that allows one to inspect most
of the D stuff and at least partially utilize immediate
interpreter window.

Unfortunately I prefer to use VS Code + DLS (not code-d, it just
has too many issues) because auto completion in VisualD may take
up to few seconds to show up.
And no, I'm not the text editor adept who remember each and every
function in standard library and all of my own projects, so this
is incredibly important.