Status of std.container rewrite?

Avrina avrina12309412342 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 18:55:02 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 10 June 2020 at 13:06:44 UTC, Seb wrote:
> The fact that no one looked into this nor stated his opinion is
> exactly the reason why no consensus has been reached!
>
> Apparently, it's a lot easier and comfortable to go off-topic
> and discuss the merits of different languages and their IDEs :/
>
> I understand that it's easier to understand and more visible if
> your IDE doesn't provide good auto-completion, but I don't
> understand why threads like this get repeatedly hijacked and
> don't even prepend to discuss the actual question asked by the
> OP.

It really shouldn't be up to us, as part of the "community" to
build core principles of D. Currently in D there's no way to
create @safe containers that doesn't use the GC. I don't care if
my containers are @safe, but I don't see @unsafe containers being
merged into phobos. This is just the result of a larger problem
that no community discussion is going to solve.