A few questions

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:55:59 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 11 June 2020 at 14:04:47 UTC, Chris wrote:
> I have a few questions I hope somebody from the D Language
> Foundation can answer. Here they are:
>
> 1. The website dlang.org states the following
> (https://dlang.org/foundation/about.html)
>
> The officers of the D Language Foundation are:
>     • Walter Bright, President
>     • Tudor Andrei Cristian Alexandrescu, Vice President and
> Treasurer
>     • Ali Çehreli, Secretary
>
> Is this information still accurate? Wasn’t Attila Neves to hold
> one of the positions above?
Its possibly an oversight. I'm not sure if anyone is in-charge
though. I know Seb to be one of the Web guys.

> 2. Is there an overview or an annual financial report where
> donators and contributors can see what the money is used for?
Interesting question

> 3. Has the page https://dlang.org/orgs-using-d.html been
> updated, i.e. are there any newcomers or are there any
> companies that are still listed but have actually stopped using
> D?
Ditto

> 4. Are there plans for D3, i.e. a version of D that will get
> rid of old baggage and keep the great features, and will also
> come with state of the art tooling?
I don't think so, Walter recently said something about it...that
he would like to see someone step up and do the work. Personally
I'll say we're barely through what's possible with D2. Still
waiting for the Killer App™

D2 was supposed to be the perfect D, not sure D3 will be much
different. Although I agree we've learnt some lessons from D2, I
feel we've barely scratched the surface of D2