So. How 'bout that BeerConf?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:37:15 UTC 2020

On 5/29/20 10:21 AM, Ethan wrote:
> My lasting contribution to the D community has been to coin the term
> BeerConf[1]. It seems a shame that my legacy would be sullied by a virus
> carrying a similar name to bottled water passing itself off as beer.

I like them with limes, but prefer Pacifico if I'm going to drink that
style of water.

> Who's keen for an online BeerConf?
>
> DConf was going to be held during midsummer, and that's a holiday
> weekend in Finland. So I'd like to suggest turning on a webcam in some
> kind of online meeting thing on a day during that weekend. Google might
> be the easiest but we're unimpressed with the quality lately so
> multi-platform suggestions (yes, that also includes mobile phones) would
> be welcome.
>
> [1] https://dlang.org/blog/2017/04/19/the-dconf-experience/

Today was actually the day my flight was supposed to leave for a family
vacation in London, including dconf.

I'm totally down for an online get-together, and I would stress to
everyone that you don't have to be a beer drinker to enjoy BeerConf.
Indeed, I think some of our non-drinking D friends enjoy BeerConf more
than some of us due to the entertainment we provide.

-Steve