What does 'inline' mean?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Jun 13 08:09:48 UTC 2020

On 6/12/2020 6:16 PM, Manu wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 11:00 AM Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com <mailto:digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 6/11/2020 6:51 PM, Manu wrote:
>      > I'm fairly sure C++ uses the link flag that LLVM calls "choose one".
>      > It's in the C++ spec that all inlines collapse to the same one. We should be
>      > using the same flag.
>
>     D totally relies on that behavior.
>

>   So emit the function to the CU where it's called and we're done here!

Next bug report: D takes too long to compile because it's recompiling code it
has already compiled over and over!

Yes, this has been a bug report in the past. We fixed it.

Besides, I replied to Andrei in another message how you can resolve this - just
put the 'header' file on the command line to dmd.