Is run.d going to be expand for runtime and the phobos library?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Jun 13 18:22:27 UTC 2020

On 6/13/20 5:05 AM, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev] wrote:
> On Saturday, 13 June 2020 at 03:33:14 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>
>> That should be killed with fire. I have seldom disliked a program this
>> much.
>
> If anything should be killed with fire that should probably be the use
> of DDoc macros in dlang.org. It's a prime example of
> https://wiki.c2.com/?JobSecurity, but with the difference with that
> analogy that the only people needing that job security had already quit
> and now the whole thing is so messed up that no one can fix it without
> rewriting it from scratch.

What's wrong with those? Also: don't forget that it's easy to define a
battery of macros to translate to other formats. In addition to html
there are translations to ebook, LaTeX, plain text, and one that I found
interesting to define, which outputs the actual macros back. Or
something like that. Oh, I found it:
https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/blob/master/verbatim.ddoc. Cool beans.

To translate to other formats automatically or semiautomatically you
could start with such a battery of macros and define them appropriately.