Social media

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Sat Jun 13 18:43:10 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 13 June 2020 at 14:43:22 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> Indeed, even hard core C++ devs that happen to work with
> Unreal, UWP/COM or DriverKit have to make peace with GC
> technologies (either tracing or refcounted).

I would suspect that many objects in Unreal engine or any game
development kit are reference counted already. The reason is that
game engines need to work in an SMP environment and there atomic
reference counting suddenly makes a lot of sense. You don't want
to free a resource while another CPU is working on it.