std.v2020.algorithm etc[ WAS: Is run.d going to be expand for runtime and the phobos library?]

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 20:56:47 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 13 June 2020 at 19:42:47 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I wonder how well this would work.

I've thought about this before and I think it has a lot of
potential (back when we were first looking at dub, this was my
preferred version scheme and everyone shot it down :( )

I believe if the new version just public imported the old version
and then you add new/breaking functionality there, you could
bring it all together with minimal duplication and maximum help
from the compiler in making it work, including using two
incompatible versions simultaneously because they'd have
different mangles from different module names.

I'd like to see us try to play with it.