What does 'inline' mean?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 01:45:17 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 5:55 AM Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 6/13/2020 4:31 AM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> > BTW: If you do dmd -c a.di you get no object file output. So .di files
> > are treated differently
>
> Yeah, you're right. Only in one spot, however, the .obj file is omitted.
> You can
> always rename it to .d

By definition; we're talking about libraries here. Inline's are only
relevant when calling into foreign code.
I don't molest the source tree of my libraries. There's a high probability
the directory doesn't even have write permissions.