D with minimal runtime

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Mon Jun 15 10:16:16 UTC 2020

On Monday, 15 June 2020 at 10:07:10 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> Since druntime is a library, only the functions actually
> referenced are pulled out of the library when linking.

Still you need to compile druntime and if it finds any missing
symbol there, the build will fail. Also the in druntime files
often include other files in druntime which doesn't make it that
easy.

As we have discussed before, the best way for this in my opinion
is to have an abstract interface in druntime for the OS
functions. This way we could stub those functions that the
programmer doesn't need.