D tooling: Gnome builder

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Mon Jun 15 10:56:28 UTC 2020

On Monday, 15 June 2020 at 10:35:23 UTC, aberba wrote:
> Someone built a plug-in for Gnome builder last yr based on the
> d language server...back when it was still maintained.
>
> https://github.com/d-language-server/gnome-builder-dlang
>
> Gnome builder is to Linux what Visual Studio is to Windows.
>
> The plug-in system is very well documented too.
>
> https://builder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/plugins/creating.html
>

> So two things to figure out now:
> 1) does d language server still work? Its stated in on the repo
> that its no longer maintained and that we should use code-d by
> WebFreak
>
> 2) figuring out and adapting it for code-d. Not sure how
> different code-d is from that d language server (DLS)

serve-d is code-d's language server implementation, in theory for
basic functionality it should be a drop-in replacement after
changing the startup process arguments. For more advanced
features (like dub dependency management, downloading of tools
and other non-standard functionality) serve-d has some
proprietary protocol commands, which are documented in the README