DMD as a library - recap, next steps

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Jun 16 11:23:58 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 16 June 2020 at 08:16:25 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:

> Why would you ever need or want to OVERRIDE semantic.
> If you override semantics than by definition you are no longer,
> in the same language space.

It's useful to be able to do. It's not up the compiler developers
to come up with every single use case. And just because they
cannot come up with a use case doesn't mean there aren't any good
ones. If a language or a library could only be used for what the
creator could think of it would probably not be very useful at
all.

I have a tool that has made some minor changes to the semantic
phase to allow to infer attributes for all functions. Then it
outputs all the attributes that can be attached to all functions
of a given file.

--
/Jacob Carlborg