DMD as a library - recap, next steps

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Jun 16 11:34:43 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 16 June 2020 at 09:07:19 UTC, RazvanN wrote:

> 2. Semantic analysis mutates the AST in a way that makes it
> impossible for you to reason about what was there in the first
> place.

Ideally the compiler should be modified to preserve all
information through all phases of the compilation.

In my tool I had to make quite a bit of extra effort to preserve
the information I needed. Basically walking the AST twice, once
before running the semantic analyzer and once after.

--
/Jacob Carlborg