D language for Graphical User Interface and Cross Platform Development

BoQsc vaidas.boqsc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 10:33:36 UTC 2020

It seems that by using gtkd project to build your GUI application
it requires a preinstalled runtime that weights around 40mb, for
Windows operating systems. (https://gtkd.org/download.html)

A Dlang UI GUI project by Buggins seems to be deprecated and even
a simple example could not be run anymore.
(https://github.com/buggins/dlangui)

I'm not aware of any other serious project that could efficiently
provide a way to build a stable GUI.

What should I do if I want to write a cross-platform application
with graphical user interface in D? Should I wait until there
will be better maintained libraries listed on the
(https://wiki.dlang.org/GUI_Libraries) or there are other ways to
create and build a GUI D language application?