Getting rid of global cdtors

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Jun 18 02:42:43 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 10:02:43PM -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> I needed to close that PR and it would be great if someone could pick
> it up.  I don't have the time to set up a Windows platform. Would be
> glad to take a look over the PR if someone would like to adopt it.
>
> As I noted in the PR, eliminating static cdtors is key to lean and
> mean executables on a pay-as-you-go basis.

What about breaking it up into multiple PRs and get the non-breaking
parts in first, while we wait for a Windows dev to step up to the plate?
Some progress is better than none.

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. -- Robert Wilensk