About string and int spliced together.

Stanislav Blinov stanislav.blinov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 09:14:39 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 18 June 2020 at 09:00:42 UTC, zoujiaqing wrote:
> Now dlang string processing is complex, like this:
> Type should be automatically converted to string!
> Like java:

No, it shouldn't. `string` is not a class, it's simply an array
of immutable chars. To an array, you can only append an
implicitly convertible type, or another array.

You can use [1], [2], or, for this example's sake, [3]

import std.stdio;
import std.conv : text;
import std.format : format;

void main()
{
     string name = "Brian";
     uint age = 18;

     string str = text("My name is ", name, " and my age is ",
     writeln(str);
     str = format("My name is %s and my age is %s.", name, age);
     writeln(str);
     writefln("My name is %s and my age is %s.", name, age);
}

[1] https://dlang.org/phobos/std_conv.html#text
[2] https://dlang.org/phobos/std_format.html#.format
[3] https://dlang.org/phobos/std_stdio.html#.writefln