std.v2020.algorithm etc[ WAS: Is run.d going to be expand for runtime and the phobos library?]

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 14:16:13 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 13 June 2020 at 20:37:59 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> One problem is that if you allow people to make bug fixes to
> old phobos versions, then there is no way for the subsequent
> releases to get the updates as if you could with a git branch.
> You would have to do them all manually.

Git will allow you to create a patch from one file and apply it
to another. Still manual.

Working in std.experimental I found the private symbols had to
work with. That is likely not as bad with this since the idea
would be to recreate the phobos ecosystem around the changes. To
that end it may be best to take a module and it's entirety into
the new version and forwarding only happens across modules.