std.v2020.algorithm etc[ WAS: Is run.d going to be expand for runtime and the phobos library?]

Jon Degenhardt jond at noreply.com
Sun Jun 21 18:00:16 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 20 June 2020 at 14:44:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 6/20/20 12:34 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 09:14:30PM -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> [...]
>>> One good goal for std.v2020 would be to forego autodecoding
>>> throughout.
>> [...]
>>
>> Another could be to fix up the range API -- i.e, reconsider
>> the ugliness
>> that is .save, now that D has copy ctors.
>
> Awesome. So we have a lil list already.

These two are high on my list as well.

Also high on my list is a hash table in the standard library that
better manages memory for large numbers of entries. There are
multi-second GC pauses when large numbers of entries are added to
the current AAs. There was an attempt at addressing this a couple
years ago, but the first try didn't pan out:
https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1929.

Might not require a new library version to address this.